Saturday, September 20, 2008

September 20, 2008

Hell dear ones!,

I just finished reading your post and looking at the pictures. It never ceases to amaze me at what all you have done there. To see the difference you are making in peoples lives and realize that it is not just today but their future you have helped is such a blessing! It makes me realize that that is just what God calls us to do daily wherever we are. Some places it is more obvious what is needed but the same task lies before us, To love others as Jesus loved us!

Today was the Discover Real Love event and after that I took Shawna halfway to Tulsa. Natalie met us. Tomorrow Shawna has a meeting at camp and we couldn't find a ride from here. She is on the Journey committee. She is so excited! Anyway what I wanted to tell you was as I was getting back to the city it was just about sunset and the sun was the biggest orange ball just on the horizon. It was beautiful and it made me think of you. We see the same sun as far apart as we are!

Well that is all for now. I will try to post pictures soon. oh yea, i got the package to Catherine, it should be in Malawi next week.

Love you always,
Mom

1 comment:

Keah Payne said...

I am so happy for Shawna for being on the Journey Committee! That should be fun! When is Journey this year? January obviously, but do they know a date yet? Sounds like fun!

You are right, we do both see the same sun, and moon, and some of the same stars! That always makes me feel not so distant, until I see stars I do not know!

Love you bunches!